Church Bible Lessons
Are you looking for new children's material?
Want to bring Bible stories to life?
Need attention-grabbing video material?
Try Friends and Heroes exciting, easy-to-use Bible Lessons
Used with Friends and Heroes award-winning DVDs, this Bible curriculum helps children learn and apply Bible stories. The lessons are active, fun and designed to engage all children—both boys and girls! Plus the curriculum is teacher-friendly and designed to help your ministry to equip more volunteer teachers than ever before.
There are two lessons for most episodes, each lesson based on one of the episode's Bible stories thus, a Friends and Heroes Series Pack provides around 26 great lessons. This lasts most churches well over six months when special services and holidays are taken into account! These lessons provide a highly adaptable ministry resource for children
Friends and Heroes Bible Lessons are provided FREE via download with the purchase of a Friends and Heroes Series Pack. Click here for purchase information.
Many churches and ministries find Friends and Heroes Bible Lessons to be ideal for:
- Sunday/Sabbath School
- Mid-week activities
- Children's Worship
- Special Activities
You can read about how one church built their Children's Ministry using Friends and Heroes here!
Children's Ministry Leaders may also find much of the material on our Children's Website to be extremely useful for use in their groups.
Now you can try four weeks of Friends and Heroes lessons risk-free for 60 days! Click here for full details.
To learn more, please choose from the following options:
- Video material: Learn more about concept and aims of Friends and Heroes here or click here to learn more about the series' episodes and characters
- Episode length: 25 minutes
- Bible stories: Each episode contains at least two Bible stories, usually one from the Old Testament and one from the New Testament
- Lessons per episode: 2 (with the exception of Episode 25 which provides one lesson)
- Length of video segment used in each lesson: 12 - 14 minutes on average
- Length of entire lesson: Easily adaptable to a 45 - 60 minutes class time
- Lessons per Series Pack:
Series 1 - 26 lessons
Series 2 - 25 lessons
Series 3 - 26 lessons
- Introductory page - Lists the objective(s) for the lesson, a summary of the Friends and Heroes story, preparation tips and resources needed for any crafts and/or activities included in the lesson.
- Starting off - Introduction for the children to the material which will be covered in both the DVD and the lesson - usually a fun craft, game or activity which introduces the lesson's theme.
- In deeper - Leads the children to discuss and apply the theme of the lesson. Often includes discussion questions and sometimes another activity to keep the children engaged with the theme or the story.
- Prayer Time - Includes a craft or activity which is designed to lead the children into thinking about prayer in relation to the theme of the lesson. In some lessons they are asked to write their own prayers and in others a group prayer is suggested.
- Printable Resources - Included for nearly all lessons as needed. They are very helpful and well-designed resources – especially for those who may have limited arts and crafts skills!
- Extra, extra! - Fun activities that children can take home with them and often take the form of a puzzle or quiz.
- DVD Extras - Still images gallery, music videos, quizzes for each episode
- Friends and Heroes Children's website provides many additional resources like quiz questions for each episode, fun puzzles and coloring sheets.
We have produced a special brochure about the Friends and Heroes Bible Lessons - you can pass this on to your fellow leaders to introduce them to the lessons. Download your copy here:
Download Leader's Brochure
Bible Stories List
You can view and print the lists of Bible stories in all three series of Friends and Heroes here.
- Bible Stories in Friends and Heroes
- Printable List in Episode Order
- Printable List in Bible Order
- Printable List in Story Title Order
Bible Lesson Objectives
To see the full list of learning objectives in all three Series of Bible Lessons you can download and print this file:
Download Bible Lesson Learning Objectives
Children's Activity Website
Teachers often find much of the material on our award-winning children's website to be extremely useful in the classroom. This site is filled with exciting puzzles, quizzes and games plus information on people and places from the Bible and Friends and Heroes characters and storylines as well.
Website Cards For Children
We have created a special page for teachers to print which provides 'business-card' sized invitations for children to visit our children's website. There is so much more for children to do after a lesson when they go to our website - including reading or listening to many of the Bible stories in Friends and Heroes!
We recommend that you first download and print the sample lessons and then watch the video segment. This will help you to see more easily how the curriculum and videos work together.
Click below to download two sample lessons:here to register for our e-mail newsletter.
Click the image below to view the video excerpt.
Download Bible Lessons
Click here for purchase details.
Friends and Heroes also offers excellent School Curriculum, click here to learn more!