Church Bible Lessons
Want to bring the Bible to life for your children's ministry?
Try Friends and Heroes exciting, easy-to-use children's Bible lessons!
You will love this children's Bible curriculum:
✔ Based on Friends and Heroes award-winning video material.
✔ Helps children learn and apply Bible stories.
✔ Active, fun lessons designed to engage all children—both boys and girls!
✔ Teacher-friendly materials designed to help your ministry equip more volunteer teachers than ever before.
Friends and Heroes Bible Lessons are provided via download with the purchase of a Friends and Heroes Church and School Pack.
Already have access to the video material through streaming or previously purchased DVDs?
License and Lesson Upgrade Packs are now available!
Many churches and ministries find Friends and Heroes Children's Bible Curriculum to be ideal for:
- Children's Sunday school lessons / Sabbath school curriculum
- Mid-week kids activities and outreach
- Children's church lessons
- Special children's ministry events, family activities, and much more!
You can try Friends and Heroes lessons risk-free for 60 days!
Click here for full trial details.
To learn more about the curriculum, please choose from the following options:
- Bible stories: The curriculum provides a balance between Old Testament and New Testament stories. You can see a list of the Bible stories and learning objectives here.
- Length of video segment used in each lesson: 12 - 14 minutes on average (each lesson uses approximately one-half a Friends and Heroes episode).
- Length of entire lesson: Easily adaptable to a 45 - 60 minutes class time.
- Designed for ages 5 to 12 years.
- Lessons per pack:
Series 1 Church and School Pack - 26 lessons
Series 2 Church and School Pack - 25 lessons
Series 3 Church and School Pack - 26 lessons
- Introductory page - (Teachers' resource) Lists the objective(s) for the lesson, a summary of the Friends and Heroes story, preparation tips and resources needed for any crafts and/or activities included in the lesson.
- Starting off - Introduction for the children to the material which will be covered in both the DVD and the lesson - usually a fun craft, game or activity which introduces the lesson's theme.
- In deeper - Leads the children to discuss and apply the theme of the lesson. Often includes discussion questions and sometimes another activity to keep the children engaged with the theme or the story.
- Prayer Time - Includes a craft or activity which is designed to lead the children into thinking about prayer in relation to the theme of the lesson. In some lessons they are asked to write their own prayers and in others a group prayer is suggested.
- Printable Resources - (Teachers' resource) Included for nearly all lessons as needed. They are very helpful and well-designed resources – especially for those who may have limited arts and crafts skills!
- Extra, extra! - Fun activities that children can take home with them and often take the form of a puzzle or quiz.
- DVD Extras - Still images gallery, music videos, quizzes for each episode
- Friends and Heroes Children's website provides many additional resources like quiz questions for each episode, fun puzzles and coloring sheets.
You can view and print the lists of Bible stories in all three series of Friends and Heroes here.
- Bible Stories in Friends and Heroes
- Printable List in Episode Order
- Printable List in Bible Order
- Printable List in Story Title Order
Bible Lesson Objectives
To view, download or print the full list of learning objectives in all three Series of Bible Lessons, click here.
Children's Activity Website
Teachers often find much of the material on our award-winning children's website to be extremely useful in the classroom. This site is filled with exciting puzzles, quizzes and games plus information on people and places from the Bible and Friends and Heroes characters and storylines as well.
We recommend that you first download and print the sample lessons and then watch the video segment. This will help you to see more easily how the curriculum and videos work together.
Click below to download two sample lessons:here to register for our e-mail newsletter.
Click the image below to view the video excerpt.
Click the image below to view the video.
Download Bible Lessons
Friends and Heroes also offers excellent School Curriculum, click here to learn more!